- Uses independent judgment to provide instruction and work direction to team members supervised. Trains and motivates team members to achieve their maximum quality and productivity performance levels.
- Directs and monitors the operations of assigned processes. Makes recommendations and works with others to plan and implement process improvements.
- Promotes department and company goodwill through proactive team member communication. Supports and promotes company position on union free status by maintaining open communication and feedback to team members.
- Supports the new hire training program, as well as being an active member.
- Schedules people, materials, and equipment to most effectively and efficiently utilize departmental resources to achieve the mission of GNP Company. Utilizes independent judgment in determining work assignments and makes changes as necessary to accommodate staffing and production needs.
- Ensures company policies and procedures are followed to maintain standards for safety, quality, and overall company personnel satisfaction. Responsible for using independent judgment to enforce corrective action procedures within the department and authorized to issue verbal counseling, written counseling, and written warnings. If necessary, has the authority to suspend team members pending investigations or remove from workplace for unacceptable behaviors.
- Responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and approving team member’s time and attendance utilizing the Kronos Time Keeping System, ensuring that all GNP Company practices and policies are being followed.
- Prepares and issues performance appraisals after reviewing with Supervisor.
- Certified in CPR, First Aid, and AED or willing to be certified (within 6 months) and willing to serve in such capacity.
- Makes recommendations on transition (hire) and rehire.
- Monitor equipment making minor adjustments or repairs to ensure quality and productivity standards are maintained, as well as preparing or coordinating the preparation of the work area for start-up.
- Performs quality checks to monitor quality levels and makes necessary changes to maintain quality standards.
- The Process Lead is required to know, understand and support food safety requirements for the facility. Responsible for taking immediate action to correct food safety deficiencies in order to prevent product contamination/adulteration.
- Recognizes safety hazards, performs safety audits, and assists with accident investigations.
- Maintains records of department, including daily evaluation sheet and issues other reports pertaining to department as directed.
- Charts weekly progress against Gold’n Rewards goals, posts information, and covers in crew meetings.
- Assists in the investigation of quality improvement, cost reduction, method improvement, yield control, and equipment
- Works with others in a safe and professional manner.
- Attends and participates in meetings on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.